Children attend camp on their own, sleeping overnight on camp property during the session. Campers will have a chance to explore their sense of adventure, bond with others facing similar challenges, and step outside of their comfort zone in a place where “can’t” isn’t part of the vocabulary!
Camp Korey is an inclusive camp. We strive to provide the resources necessary to accommodate the needs of most campers with serious health challenges. To ensure all campers have a fun and safe experience we established the following eligibility and participation requirements in a summer camp program:
- Campers must have an eligible diagnosis.
- Campers are between 7-16 years old (BLOCK is for campers 16 to 18 years old).
- Campers who are 16 years old may choose between Residential Summer camp or BLOCK programming.
- Campers do not have a recent history of aggression toward others or self.
- Campers are able to communicate needs either verbally or by using other non-verbal means.
- Campers have a minimum developmental age of 5 years old.
- Please be advised that no child is guaranteed to be accepted to camp. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based upon health care needs, space, and other considerations.
Processing Your Application
Your camper’s application will be reviewed by our Medical Team once the application is COMPLETE. Once the complete application is submitted our Medical Team will review it and you will be notified of your camper’s enrollment. Due to high volume of applications it may take up to 6 weeks to be notified of your camper’s enrollment status. Enrollment is based on eligibility and completion date (first completed, first reviewed). It is best to complete the application as soon as possible to try to avoid a waiting list.
If you are arranging transportation from out of state, please plan on flying into either the Bellingham International Airport or Paine Field. We will also be partnering with Angel Flight, which offers flights free-of-charge for campers within a 300 mile radius of Camp Korey. If you have any questions, please contact Beth Faller at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, Camp Korey may not be able to accommodate all who apply to camp. While we would love to be able to welcome everyone, we do have a limit to the available camper spots so first completed, first reserved. If a session is already full, your camper will be put on a waiting list once all forms are complete and you will be notified. You will be notified if a reservation becomes available.