We are so excited to announce Camp Korey’s Summer 2017 Program Calendar!
This year Camp Korey will be offering six-weeks of summer camp followed by two three-day family camps starting July 10th. It is our goal to continue serve our full spectrum of campers. To that end we are making every session a ‘general session’, where we will be considering all applicants both new and returning. We have also included some session-specific road markers for our larger condition groups. As we are still in the process of building out our bed capacity at camp it is our hope to again serve sixty and later over one hundred campers a week in the years to come. This year, much like our first year at Carnation Farm, we will be capping our capacity at a little over thirty campers per week.
The schedule you see below reflects our commitment to continue serving our families and condition groups that we have served these past years. The medical and behavioral needs of each will session be kept in ratio with our recruited support that week. We think it is important to acknowledge that our overall capacity to serve as many campers has been temporarily reduced as part of our transition to our new home in Mt. Vernon, WA. Our pledge to you is to make sure that our program this year is the best-fit for your child and welcome you to join us on our journey as we work to expand camp to serve more children each and every year.
Summer Camp General Registration Now Open! Campers Click Here (We are using a new system this year. New and returning campers need to register here.)
We are aware that some families are having issues with the enrollment process for their camper. Please take the following steps to begin the enrollment process:
- On our website, http://campkorey.org/camper-programs/residential-summer-camp/, click on the link for “New Camper Registration”.
- Please note that we are using a new database. Therefore, all families should use the “New Camper Registration” link regardless of whether their camper is new or returning.
- From there, you can complete the “New Family Enrollment” page and follow the steps to complete the camper application.
- After completing the first enrollment page, you will receive an email with your password to the Parent Dashboard, which you may change by going to “My Account”.
- Try to use a personal email instead of a work email account. If you do not receive the automatic email with your password, please check your spam folder.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For families who have successfully started the enrollment process, click here to access the Parent Dashboard.
Wednesday, April 5: General Registration for our two Family Camp Programs will open
Summer 2017 sessions:
- July 10 -14: Session 1- General Session (Dermatological Conditions)
- July 17 – 21: Session 2- General Session (Solid Organ Transplant)
- July 24 – 28: Session 3- General Session
- July 31 – August 4: Session 4- General Session (Friends of the Craniofacial Center)
- August 7 – 11: Session 5- General Session
- August 14 – 18: Session 6- General Session (Skeletal Dysplasia)
- August 20 – 22: 3-Day Autism Family Camp
- August 25 – 27: Sickle Cell Family Weekend
Summer camp is a prescription for joy, adventure and resilience! During each of our six week-long summer residential sessions, children who are 7-16 years old living with serious and/or life-altering medical conditions experience adventure and personal growth. Campers are empowered every day to make supportive friendships, to challenge themselves, and to celebrate their strengths and achievements.
The week is filled with exciting activities, all universally accessible. Campers enjoy fishing & boating, arts & crafts, cheering & dancing, stage performances, and pet therapy. Above all, Camp Korey operates under a challenge-by-choice model—meaning campers can choose how and in what capacity they participate in our activities.
What is provided during a Camp Korey Summer Session?
- All Camp Korey programs are 100% free-of-charge thanks to the generous support from our donors.
- All accommodations (including linens, towels, pillows, etc.) and meals are provided. Our dedicated chef and kitchen staff work very hard to ensure that all of our campers’ dietary needs are met.
- Counselor coverage: a ratio of at least 3-campers-to-1-counselor is kept at Camp Korey at all times.
- Medical coverage: Parents/guardians can be reassured their campers are in safe hands with our wonderful Medical Team onsite during all camp sessions to ensure that routine care, medication administration, and incidental care are successfully implemented.
Who is eligible for a Summer Session?
Camp Korey’s residential summer camp serves children primarily in the Pacific Northwest between 7-16 years of age who are living with a serious medical condition. Campers should be at a developmental age of at least 6 years, be able to communicate needs with camp staff (either through words, gestures, or a communication device), and be up-to-date on all required immunizations. Camp Korey’s Medical Team reviews applications for summer camp by considering all medical and behavioral care required by the camper.
Who we serve:
Camp Korey serves campers with life altering medical conditions including but not limited to:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Craniofacial Conditions
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Dermatologic Conditions
- Down Syndrome
- Genetic Syndromes
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS)
- Neuromuscular Conditions
- Reconstructive Pelvic Medicine Conditions
- Skeletal Dysplasias
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Spina Bifida