We are so excited to announce Camp Korey’s Summer 2017 Program Calendar!
This year Camp Korey will be offering six weeks of summer camp followed by two three-day family camps starting July 10th.
The schedule you see below reflects our commitment to continue serving our families and condition groups that we have served these past years. The medical and behavioral needs of each will session be kept in ratio with our recruited support that week. We think it is important to acknowledge that our overall capacity to serve as many campers has been temporarily reduced as part of our transition to our new home in Mt. Vernon, WA. Our pledge to you is to make sure that our program this year is the best-fit for your child and welcome you to join us on our journey as we work to expand camp to serve more children each and every year.
Wednesday, April 5: General Registration for our two Family Weekend Camp Programs will open
Summer 2017 sessions:
- August 20 – 22: 3-Day Autism Family Camp
- August 25 – 27: Sickle Cell Family Weekend
Weekend programs running in the fall and spring at Camp Korey continue the healing power of Camp beyond the summer months and create a memorable experience for the entire family. Families share in Camp activities and enjoy the company of other families who understand the issues they are facing.
- A chance to build friendships among families who may be in similar circumstances.
- An opportunity to expand one’s network of support. Children-specific programming and parent-specific programming focus on fostering connections.
- A ton of fun! Magic is shared through campfires, arts & crafts, stage performances and more!
Any family with at least one child between the ages of 5 and 16 who is living with the condition we are serving that weekend is eligible to apply. We welcome all family members who live in your household to join us for a weekend filled with lots of fun! All Family Weekend programs are 100% free-of-charge, thanks to the generosity of our partners and donors.
- Each family will have their own private sleeping quarters and bathroom within our camper lodges.
- All meals will be provided throughout the weekend.
- Families are responsible for bringing all medications, medical supplies, and equipment needed by their family.
A physician and several nurses will be on site throughout the weekend. While parents/caregivers will be responsible for day-to-day medical care of their children (including medication administration), our skilled medical team will be present and on-call for any medical needs and emergencies throughout the weekend.