***2017 SUMMER CAMP/FAMILY WEEKEND UPDATE***
We are reaching out to update you on our summer 2017 schedule. Over the last few days, Camp Korey leadership and the board of directors have been considering the long-term vision for Camp Korey. After a careful look at our large-scale projects and our current ambitious construction schedule, we’ve made the decision to postpone our week-long summer residential camps and family weekends for this Summer 2017. We recognize the efforts that you put into completing your applications, and acknowledge how frustrating this news may be. This was not a decision easily made; our goal has always been to provide campers with a safe, fun, and enriching summer experience.
In place of our summer residential camps and family weekends, we will be hosting a variety of events to provide parents and kids with the opportunity to visit the new Camp Korey before it’s completed. It will be a chance to meet our staff and volunteers, play games, tour the property, and plan for a full-time residential camp next year. Our program staff will also be leading camper families on ‘Family Day Excursions’ to local destinations throughout the region so our staff and volunteers stay engaged with kids and keep our Camp Korey friendships going strong. We have several confirmed events, such as:
- Summer Kick-Off Event & Cirque du Soleil: May 7
- YMCA Challenge Course: June 23 and July 21
- Woodland Park Zoo: May 27 and July 20
- Mariners Games: July 26 and September 22
- Outdoors for All Cycling & Kayaking: May 14, June 18, and August 5
In addition, we do plan on having a full summer schedule, and we are in the process of setting up new adventures each week. We will be sending out more information soon.
With this additional time we hope to build up our property, create new and exciting program areas, and continue serving our campers in any way we can.
We encourage you to call or email us anytime to discuss more about this decision, and to keep you updated with our new summer schedule. We appreciate your continued support and hope that we will move forward into the future as a team.
Beth Faller Amanda Doell Josh Simon
Camp Admissions Coordinator Child Life Specialist Interim Camp Director
(360) 416-4113 (360) 416- 4115 (360) 416-4114
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Weekend programs running in the fall and spring at Camp Korey continue the healing power of Camp beyond the summer months and create a memorable experience for the entire family. Families share in Camp activities and enjoy the company of other families who understand the issues they are facing.
- A chance to build friendships among families who may be in similar circumstances.
- An opportunity to expand one’s network of support. Children-specific programming and parent-specific programming focus on fostering connections.
- A ton of fun! Magic is shared through campfires, arts & crafts, stage performances and more!
Any family with at least one child between the ages of 5 and 16 who is living with the condition we are serving that weekend is eligible to apply. We welcome all family members who live in your household to join us for a weekend filled with lots of fun! All Family Weekend programs are 100% free-of-charge, thanks to the generosity of our partners and donors.
- Each family will have their own private sleeping quarters and bathroom within our camper lodges.
- All meals will be provided throughout the weekend.
- Families are responsible for bringing all medications, medical supplies, and equipment needed by their family.
A physician and several nurses will be on site throughout the weekend. While parents/caregivers will be responsible for day-to-day medical care of their children (including medication administration), our skilled medical team will be present and on-call for any medical needs and emergencies throughout the weekend.