We are so excited to announce Camp Korey’s Summer 2017 Program Calendar!
This year Camp Korey will be offering six weeks of summer camp followed by two three-day family camps starting July 10th. It is our goal to continue serve our full spectrum of campers. To that end we are making every session a ‘general session’, where we will be considering all applicants both new and returning. We have also included some session-specific road markers for our larger condition groups. As we are still in the process of building out our bed capacity at camp it is our hope to again serve sixty and later over one hundred campers a week in the years to come. This year, much like our first year at Carnation Farm, we will be capping our capacity at a little over thirty campers per week.
The schedule you see below reflects our commitment to continue serving our families and condition groups that we have served these past years. The medical and behavioral needs of each will session be kept in ratio with our recruited support that week. We think it is important to acknowledge that our overall capacity to serve as many campers has been temporarily reduced as part of our transition to our new home in Mt. Vernon, WA. Our pledge to you is to make sure that our program this year is the best-fit for your child and welcome you to join us on our journey as we work to expand camp to serve more children each and every year.
Wednesday, February 22: Staff and Volunteer Applications will open
Wednesday, March 1: General Registration will open for all 6 weeklong summer sessions
Wednesday, April 5: General Registration for our two Family Camp Programs will open
Summer 2017 sessions:
- July 10 -14: Session 1- General Session (Dermatological Conditions)
- July 17 – 21: Session 2- General Session (Solid Organ Transplant)
- July 24 – 28: Session 3- General Session
- July 31 – August 4: Session 4- General Session (Friends of the Craniofacial Center)
- August 7 – 11: Session 5- General Session
- August 14 – 18: Session 6- General Session (Skeletal Dysplasia)
- August 20 – 22: 3-Day Autism Family Camp
- August 25 – 27: Sickle Cell Family Weekend
Camp Korey empowers children and families living with serious and life-altering medical conditions through year round programming, always free of charge. Our programs help families reclaim the joys and adventures of childhood, and create communal experiences for those who may feel isolated by medical conditions. We work to complement existing care, connect families and enhance their well-being.
Our innovative, intentional program design follows a challenge by choice model, emphasizing safety, respect and empowerment. Our universally accessible programs help campers to re-imagine a future grounded in their strengths instead of their challenges.
Our key program areas are:
- Residential Summer Camp – Week-long sessions of fun, friendship and adventure for campers ages 7-16.
- Family Weekend Camps – A weekend of renewal and fun for families connected through a shared experience.
- Camp to You – The magic of camp at healthcare facilities in Seattle, Tacoma and Portland, for those families and children with long waits or hospital stays.